Coronavirus (COVID-19) – State of Emergency in Peru
As a result of the State of Emergency declared by the Peruvian Government for the entire country as of Tuesday 17 March 2020 (new until 31 August 2020 – extensions are expected), the School will remain closed at least until 31 August 2020.
For those who are already in Peru or Arequipa (or somewhere else) and are still interested in Spanish classes, one-to-one online-sessions with teachers of the EDEAQ can be arranged.
Pertinent information on the current situation in Peru can be found on the homepage of the American Embassy in Lima. – Click here.
Last update: 31 July 2020
- Recognised by the Peruvian Ministry of Education as a non-governmental educational institution, i.e. the EDEAQ is a legally established Spanish Language School, one of the very few in Peru (in Arequipa the only one).
- Our intensive courses are recognised as Bildungsurlaub (“Leave For Further Education”) in several German federal states.
These are seals of quality that are difficult to find elsewhere in Peru and the rest of Latin America.
Other important assets:
- Quiet, city centre location, i.e. about 50 m from the Plaza de Armas (Main Square).
- Swiss Management, which means high (i.e. “Swiss”) standards regarding the quality and consistency of the services – and enquiries are answered immediately (within 24 hours at the latest).
EDEAQ’s Own Vacancies: Part-Time Work/Study Opportunities click here
Planning your travel to / in Peru – useful hints click here
Please also refer to “Hints and How to Get There”: you find this page on the menu on the left hand side
On 23 August 2012, our listing on TripAdvisor disappeared for unknown reasons, and until now we have not been able to recuperate it. – The ratings read as follows: excellent 17, very good 1, average 0, bad 0, terrible 1 (from a person we had never seen in our School).
Why is Arequipa the ideal venue to learn/practice Spanish?
Arequipa (860’000 inhabitants, a bit more than one hour by plane southwards from Peru’s capital Lima), a mix of a fairly modern city and tranquil province, situated at 2,330 m/7.644 ft. (altitude sickness risk = zero) in a large green river oasis in the South Peruvian desert along the Western foothills of the Andes.
- There are very few places in the Hispanic world where Spanish is spoken as beautifully and as correctly.
- In 2000, the UNESCO declared the colonial city centre as “World Cultural Heritage”.
- Very pleasant weather conditions. Whether „summer“ or „winter“, whether “dry” or (short) „rainy season“ (a few days in January, February und March): approx. 350 days per year blue sky and sunshine – and always agreeable temperatures, every day and around the clock.
- Moderate price level. The tuition fees/classes of our School (plus, if applicable, accommodation) as well as the general cost of living (i.e. restaurants, public transport, etc.) are significantly cheaper as for example in Lima or Cuzco.
- Situated in the South of the country near the borders with Chile and Bolivia also means: ideal starting point for your onward journey (via Colca Canyon) to Puno (Lake Titicaca) and/or Cuzco/Machu Picchu/“Sacred Valley“. – Also refer to “About Arequipa (Leisure and Sports” click here
|Important information for residents of the
Federal Republic of Germany
Bildungsurlaub (Leave For Further Education). The EDEAQ intensive courses are recognised as Leave For Further Education in several German federal states (currently Berlin, Brandenburg, Hamburg, Hesse, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Rhineland-Palatinate, Saxony-Anhalt, Schleswig-Holstein).
Please click the button/link below and have a look at our Summary Page (“At a Glance”), which gives an overview about the School (course types, schedules, etc.), accommodation plans, leisure/sports and travel options, etc. For further and more detailed information infomation (also re: Prices and Services), please refer to the menu on the left.
We look forward to saying hello to you in Arequipa and at our School in a not-too-distant future.
EDEAQ – Escuela de Español Ari Quipay
Calle La Merced 123 (entrance Hostal Los Andes)
Arequipa – Peru
Phone (Monday to Friday: 08:00 h to 13:00 h and 17:30 h to 20:00 h)
Phone (Saturday / Sunday: 09:00 h to 13:00 h and 17:30 h to 20:00 h)
+51 54 27 25 17 or +51 95 561 56 79 or +51 95 934 26 60 or +51 95 235 05 70
|Text management, editing, photos:||Max Seelhofer|
|Proof-reading:||Kathleen Peters, Pamela Harmsen,
Ellen Purcell, Shana Bertetto, Joy Weatherwax
|Webmaster:||Max Seelhofer – firstname.lastname@example.org